Once a year clubs must elect their club officers. The current club president or club secretary can use MyLCI to designate next term club officers.
These Instructions will explain the steps required for a Club Officer to add/change Club Officers. This equates to adding next term officers to a club.
NOTE: Throughout this article you will be asked to click or double-click. This refers to a left-click on the computer mouse. If a right mouse click is required, it will be specifically designated as a right-click.
NOTE: This Instructions assumes you are a club president or a club secretary and have a Lion Account authorized for MyLCI. If you do not, email MyLCI@LionsClubs.org or call MyLCI Support 630-468-6900.
- Login to MyLCI
- Click My Lions Clubs pull-down menu and select Officers.
- On the upper left, click Select Term pull-down menu and select the appropriate term.
NOTE: Most of the time you will be adding officers in the April-June time frame for officers in the up-coming fiscal year starting 7/1. In this case you should be selecting Next Year for term.
- Click the Add Officer button to the right of Club President (or officer you are working on).
- Click the Select Member button.
- A list of the club members will be displayed. Click on the member who was voted in for Club President (or officer you are working on).
NOTE: You may have to scroll down.
- If the member you are looking for is not listed skip to the Officer not a member section below.
NOTE: For Club President most of the time this will be the current Club First Vice President.
- Verify the correct member shows up in the Selected Member area.
- Click the Save button.
- You should now see a confirmation screen.
- Verify the correct member is now assigned to the correct term.
- Click the Go back to Officers button.
- Verify the officer contact information is current.
a. Select Members from the My Lions Clubs pull-down menu.
b. Scroll down to the member that is the officer with the old contact information.
c. Click the Edit Member button.
- Repeat steps 1-10 for each officer.
VERIFY MEETING DAY, TIME, AND PLACE
- Click on the My Lions Clubs pull-down menu and click on Club Info.
- Verify club website URL if your club has a website.
- Scroll down to the meeting information portion of the club info screen.
- Verify the club meeting date, time or location information.
- Click the Save button if you made any updates.
OFFICER NOT A MEMBER
There can be several reasons the member you were looking for did not show up on the list of members to select for an officer.
The most common is the member you are looking for is not a member type that is eligible to hold a club office. As defined in the Standard Form Lions Club Constitution and By-Laws Affiliate members, Associate members, Honorary members, Member at large and Privileged members are not eligible to hold any club, district or international office.
You can check the member type in MyLCI My Lions Club >> Members:
If you are certain the member is an active member of your club and they are a regular member, transfer member, life member, charter member or transfer charter member then call MyLCI for support 630-468-6900.